Friday, February 10, 2012

Stand-Alone-Stach #2

Today's Stach took me to exotic Hawaii, circa 1980. These were fast times with swinging beach babes and cool cars. But there was a dark underside. Drug dealing and general criminal mayhem was rampant. An elite police team called Hi-Five, oh...is that the name....wait...something like that...anyway was just canceled...er disbanded, and crime was back. I don't know how to dance Hula, but the stach provided me a job as a Private Investigator under the name, Colt PI. In no time at all I find a rich benefactor who likes my idea of non-lethal vigilante justice and my ability to ferret out a seemingly endless supply of attractive women who, by no fault of their own, are caught in impossibly complicated situations. I take up residence in the benefactor's guest house, swill free beer from an endless beer fridge, and tool around in his Ferrari. Strangely I never meet the rich guy, I just interact with his ambiguously gay butler. For kicks I also pick up a black helicopter pilot sidekick, who doesn't want one of those?

I did this for about eight seasons...er years. I was finally killed in one of my adventures in a freak accident involving taro root, a lei, a beach fire dance, a coconut drink, and another Hawaii cliché I can't remember at the moment. I heard that my high jinks were turned into a TV show where the main character was a prop, dressed in flower shirts, for the real hero of the show...A Stant-Alone-Stach.

I give you: Colt PI Stach

2 comments:

Janice Inness said...

Brian, you are one crazy dude! I'm loving your Stand-Alone-Stach escapades, but this picture is my favorite. If you discontinue the Stand-Alone and bring back the goatee, please let your imagination run wild with you again and write blogs again.
Love ya,
Mrs. Jan (Shurley) Inness

Brian said...

Thanks for the support. I was beginning to think no one was paying attention. It's interesting to see which ones are people's favorite. It seems like they all reach people differently.

I hadn't thought about a goatee series. The Stach was so easy I was able to do these in a matter of 15 minutes (with help from The Misses). I'll have to put some thought to a goatee series...